Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bloodhound Gang "Fire Water Burn"

Here's a Throwback Thursday post:

Over the years, I have receive many, many, many, many CDs in the mail.

Most come with some kind of bio information.

Some will include a handwritten note.

Often they may include a sticker.

Occasionally, you get a song/artist-related key chain or, if they've got a big budget, a free t-shirt.

But in my 20 years in radio, I have only received one promotional bologna sandwich.

It came in a flat envelope with the band's CD.  The sandwich had been smooshed a bit.

It was one slice of bologna and one slice of yellow/orange cheese, on 2 pieces of white bread.  It was in a sandwich bag, but the kind that just folds over at the top.  There is no seal.

I did not eat it.

But I remembered the band.

And a year later, when they put out "Fire Water Burn" and had a silly, silly hit with it, I remembered the band, and the bologna sandwich, and I thought, "Yeah, that's about right."


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment