Friday, July 5, 2013

The Wild Feathers "Left My Woman"

It's always an exciting time when we get an artist to do a show on our behalf.

More likely than not, if we get offered a national act, it's because they are up-and-comers.  And that means that our knowledge of the band may be limited.

The last week has been a little like high school finals week, with a lot of cramming.

We're very psyched about The Wild Feathers coming to the Island for a free show on the porch of the Harborview in Edgartown.  Barbara Dacey had seen the band in concert back in the Spring and was very impressed.

But the rest of the staff had only really heard the single "The Ceiling."  So the last few days I've been drinking from a firehose, trying to hear (and see) as much of them as I can.

Professionally, I do that so I can make our show sound exciting.  Personally, going into a show having heard a lot of the band, makes the show a better listen.

So if you're thinking of coming Saturday (and you should), listen up!


Hear the song on Youtube.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the introduction to this band, excellent! It's hard to believe their debut album isn't due out until August. Wish I lived in MV, I'd have been there . . .

    ReplyDelete