Tuesday, July 16, 2013

David Ford "Pour A Little Poison"

I held off adding this song to the rotation, because it falls into this very specific genre.  And I think the load bearing structure of MVY's playlist can only accommodate so many songs from this particular genre.

I don't know if it's really a genre, but it's one in my mind.  One I'm particularly fond of:  Sarcastic, drunk, comically self-pitying/self flagellating guys with punk rock sensibilities on acoustic guitars with a penchant for sing-along choruses.

Frank Turner and Jake Bugg sound great on the air.  But a whole station of that would be a little too same-y.

On the other hand, this song sticks right in my head.  And with all the tunes competing for space up there (despite the cavernous climes), for a song to hold its place for a couple months speaks well of it.

So you'll find it in the newly added section of MVY's playlist page . . .


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment