Monday, March 25, 2013

Elvis Costello "Every Day I Write The Book"

I started this blog nearly 4 years ago now.

As I was developing the idea, I ran through a list of potential blog names.

While using "Finn" had potential (or maybe not; "Hi-Finn-delity" anyone?), it seemed like a better fit to use a song or album title to convey what the blog was about.

I poured over albums and artists and song titles, trying to find the right tone and the right message.

You very nearly happened upon a blog named after a song that Lucinda Williams wrote to celebrate Paul Westerberg.

Real Live Bleeding Blog.

I thought it was a great title.  But maybe a little to graphic.  Maybe a little too Emo.  Especially if you didn't know the reference.

So instead I named it after an Elvis Costello song.

The intention was to write regularly.  But by naming it Every Day I Write The Blog, the title actually goaded me into writing, every day.

Story after story.  Memory after memory.  Day after day.

Tonight, I'm trying something new.  As host of The Hot Seat, I'll be doing an audio version of Every Day I Write The Blog, telling some recent stories and playing the songs.

Let me know what you think!

Tonight, at 9pm on mvyradio, or we'll post it later in The Hot Seat Archives.



Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment