Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chris Mars "Popular Creeps"

Here's another Weekend Post:

Keeping yesterday's focus on the "Songs For Slim" project, I want to point you to one of my favorite albums of the 90s.  This is another one of those records that makes me feel like a lone voice in the darkness---I love it, and no one I know has ever heard of it, never mind succumbed to its rock n roll charms.

Mars spent years behind the drum kit of an iconic alt-rock band, and emerged, surprisingly, to be a very able and talented multi-instrumentalist and front-man.

Why yes, I am calling Dave Grohl a total copycat.  (Just kidding!)



Hear the song on Youtube.

Weekend posts are a chance to revisit songs that have happy memories, not of anything in particular, other than just hearing the tunes.

Many of these songs were tracks that I played during my 90s stint as an Alternative/Modern Rock radio show.  They're tunes that I hardly hear these days, but are wonderful to revisit.

Click on the "Weekend Posts" label below, to see other posts like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment