Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Carla Bruni "Chez Keith Et Anita"

I heard this song over the weekend, and was really charmed by it.  (I'm certainly neither the first nor last person to be charmed by Carla Bruni)

I was thinking about how rare it is that a non-English-language song makes it into mvyradio rotation.

Rarer still, are non-English language songs that are also non-African.  We'll open the doors for Habib Koite or Miriam Makeba, but are far less likely to bring in a European voice.  I can't really explain why.  But I can't think of a single non-English/Romance Language song that we have in rotation on mvyradio.

What do you think?  Even if you don't speak French, does this song charm you?

(And remember, we can't show the video on the radio, so factor that out of how charmed you might be by Ms. Bruni)


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment