Tuesday, February 5, 2013

John Fullbright "Gawd Above"

The Best Americana Album category at the Grammys is usually pretty good to MVY.  Often it is the only category featuring 4 or even 5 nominees that you can hear on the station.

I was not surprised to see The Avett Brothers and Mumford & Sons in this category this year.  I was pleased (but a little surprised, because I don't think of her as Americana) to see Bonnie Raitt.  And The Lumineers had a big year, so I see how they made the list.

Then there's John Fullbright.

Lindsay Reid, one of the promo folks I regularly talk to, has been evangelizing (in his typically low-key way) about John Fullbright, for much of the last year.

"Gawd Above" has been circling on my iTunes playlist for months on end, but things never reached critical mass for me, where I liked it a lot, AND I saw it succeeding on the national charts AND/or listeners were asking for it, or any of the other things that might push me closer toward adding a song.

But a Grammy nomination does get my attention.

What do you think?  Do you hear this one on MVY?


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment