Monday, December 3, 2012

Ben Folds Five "Philosophy"

On top of waiting ages to get around to writing the story of the last day of WABN, I've had a handful of other stories I wanted to write, but didn't make sense to put out there, until the big story was told, and context was established.

I've written about Lori T before (and for context, you can check out her stories, plus a few of her guest posts).

I always think of her when I hear this Ben Folds Five song, because she chose it as the last song to play, on WABN's last day on the air.

I knew it was her pick, but I didn't really know why until she got on the air.

Her speech was pretty short.  But she said something along the lines of:

"I'm playing this song, because of the one lyric that pretty much sums up how I feel right now.  "I've seen that there is evil/And I know that there is good/The in-betweens I've never understood."


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment