Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ben Folds Five "Do It Anyway"

Late Sunday morning, we were sitting in friend's backyard when someone mentioned Bloody Marys, and suddenly, we were at the Quahog Republic.

The Quahog Republic makes a killer Bloody Mary, but the coup de grace is that instead of giving you a swizzle stick, they put a giant piece of vodka-soaked bacon in your glass.  Man, do I love bacon.

I was marveling at the salt-n-peppery deliciousness of my drink, when one of my friends suggested that you could make the drink even more indulgent by making it chocolate-covered bacon, which is something she'd recently run across.

I stammered out something about how that would just be too much, too too much.  I don't think my mind could compute that level of excess.

That's kind of how I felt when I stumbled upon this video today.

I was an enormous fan of Ben Folds Five, back in the 90s.  And word of their recent reformation, with a full album and tour, just seemed to good to be true.

I am also an enormous fan of all things Muppets (as evidenced by the many many posts about them on this blog), including the beloved, but rarely-spotted-these-days Fraggles.

Just the first few seconds of the video had me stammering "Ben . . . Fraggles . . . Folds . . . video . . . gaaaahhh . . . "

So for those of you practicing for the SATs:

"Chocolate Covering" is to "Bacon," as "Ben Folds Five reunion" is to "Fraggle Rock returning."

Make sure you watch all the way to the end of the music video for a fun extra, and check out the "making of" on the video below that.




See the video on Youtube.


See the making of, on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment