Friday, August 10, 2012

Ryan Adams "Rosalie Come And Go"

I've already offered myself as a Professional Athlete Theme Song Consultant---a job that is totally imaginary.

A more realistic music-meets-baseball job would be "that guy at WEEI."

I don't know who does this job---it could very likely be an intern---but if you listen to the Red Sox on WEEI, they transition back from commercials to the announcers with a short music bumper.

I always wanted to be pals with whoever was doing the job around that magical 2004, World Series season, because he/she and I had the same taste.

There were lots of familiar and unfamiliar alterna-hits and special nuggets.

And when they were using this Ryan Adams semi-obscurity, I was super-impressed.  Only a real music-head would know this tune, as it's from the bonus "Side Four" ep from Adams' "Gold" album.

I don't know if I could top this nugget as we tossed to Joe Castiglione, but I'd love to try . . .


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment