Saturday, August 11, 2012

Anthrax "Got The Time"

Here's another Weekend Post:

I'm starting to feel the pressure . . .

I said a long time ago, that my goal was to reach 1000 posts on this blog.  This is post number 982.

Part of the reason for the goal, was to force myself to write some of the stories that are going to be on the longer side, because they are some of the biggest, most personal stories I have to tell.

If I'm being honest with myself, I'm not going to cram in everything I'd hoped to, before post number 1000.  But that's a good reason to keep going, to keep writing, beyond my goal.

In the meantime, I'm putting the pressure on myself to crank out some of the stories I've been holding off of.

I always enjoyed how adding a metal edge to the Joe Jackson classic made things feel even more jittery, and I used to pull this one out whenever I felt like I need to put pressure on myself to beat the clock . . .


Hear the song on Youtube.

Weekend posts are a chance to revisit songs that have happy memories, not of anything in particular, other than just hearing the tunes.

Many of these songs were tracks that I played during my 90s stint as an Alternative/Modern Rock radio show.  They're tunes that I hardly hear these days, but are wonderful to revisit.

Click on the "Weekend Posts" label below, to see other posts like this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment