Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Superchunk "Cruel Summer"

When it comes to records and record promotion, for the most part, the people I speak to week in and week out are not in a tourist town.

While some of them are in New York and LA, because Record Promotion can be done from anywhere, I speak to folks who are working major records from suburbs far outside Seattle and Detroit and Atlanta and Portland.

And not that they are without empathy (in fact, a great awareness of each station's unique circumstance makes for a great promo person), I think it's hard for them, sometimes, to fathom what the rhythms are for a station like ours.

While so many people that they talk to live in towns that have quieted down for the summer---people are on vacation, college kids have left town, the pace has eased---our lives on the Cape and Islands have sped up.

And while the personal lives of many programmers have slowed a bit---kids are on break, vacations happen---we're shifting into high gear, working like all the local businesses to have a great 10 weeks, so we can survive another year.

All this to say, I'm drowning in a pile of new music that I haven't properly digested, because I'm running full-tilt, toward next week's "Busiest Week Of The Year, 4th Of July Edition."

Usually on Tuesdays, I post about a new song that I'm considering.  But truthfully, I haven't considered a damn thing.

It's a cruel, cruel summer.

Superchunk to the rescue!  I think it's cool that even in the digital age, bands are releasing B-sides. 

So here's a tune I've barely considered, for your blog-enjoyment!


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment