Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rickie Lee Jones "Youngblood"

Welcome to another segment of "Let Me Ruin This Song For You."

(If you missed the first entry, you should probably read this)

I know that "Youngblood" isn't a widely known tune.

In fact, I'm not sure that I've ever heard it on a station other than mvyradio. And even we only play it occasionally.

Maybe that's why it's only recently that I make this connection . . .

For years, I've had the nagging sensation that "Youngblood" sounded like another song I knew. But I couldn't place it.

Until now.

Uh, does it not share a riff (and I use the term "riff" lightly here), with the theme to the TV show "Golden Girls"?

Yeah, sorry.


Hear Rickie Lee Jones on Youtube.


Hear the "Golden Girls" theme on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment