Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bruce Springsteen "I Ain't Got You"

I'm on vacation this week, so please enjoy a week's worth of mini-stories . . .


I don't know why this sticks out in my head, but when I hear this song I think of Andy Rooney.

For some reason he was going on about the "young bands of today" or something during a "60 Minutes" segment, and he started talking about this fairly obscure (and certainly not widely popular) Bruce Springsteen song.

Rooney was annoyed by the lyric "I've got more good lucky honey than old King Farouk."

Andy was miffed because, in fact, King Farouk wasn't lucky at all.  He was penultimate King of Egypt and Sudan, who was overthrown and died in exile.

And you call that lucky, Bruce?

Kids these days!


Hear the song on Youtube.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen Bruce, he's amazing, a legend etc. However in no way does this song even touch "I ain't got you", whether performed by The Blues Brothers or Aerosmith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is a completely different song . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing that segment believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete