Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Big Head Todd "I'm Sexy And I Know It"

Play this song, and your initial reaction is likely one of two things. Either:

"What The Hell?" or "Oh My God!"

At least, those were the two reactions of the two other mvyradio DJs in the building, when I played this song on the air.

I asked Ray if he recognized the song or knew LFMAO. He just gave the kind of answer you expect from someone who steers decidedly wide of ridiculous Pop radio---somewhere between a blank look and some vague recollection.

But as we were talking, Laurel came running in.

"Oh my God!"

Not unlike the average Mom of the average teenager who will let the kid control the car radio, SHE recognized the song and was very familiar with the original, and thought it was hilarious.

Big Head Todd, covering LMFAO, but doing it in the style of John Lee Hooker.

I don't know if it's good, but it's entertaining.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment