Saturday, January 14, 2012

Concrete Blonde "Joey"

Here's another Weekend Post:

You can't mention Concrete Blonde (as I did yesterday) without mentioning this track.

Wow, Johnette Napolitano's voice has to be one of the great female Rock N Roll voices of my generation. It seems unfair that her various musical projects never seemed to break through (or match the "College Rock" success of this song).


Hear the song on Youtube.

Weekend posts are a chance to revisit songs that have happy memories, not of anything in particular, other than just hearing the tunes.

Many of these songs were tracks that I played during my 90s stint as an Alternative/Modern Rock radio show. They're tunes that I hardly hear these days, but are wonderful to revisit.

Click on the "Weekend Posts" label below, to see other posts like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment