Friday, September 16, 2011

Sebadoh "Rebound"

I am certainly not one who should be giving advice on how to meet girls.

The truth is, I was pretty lousy at it as a young man. I mean, I had some really great girlfriends, but those relationships were usually ones I fell into, rather than pursued or created of my own will.

Unfortunately, I think most of us figure out useful information about dating long after our dating days are over.

Hence this advice.

Young guys, Get a dog.

I only say this because I had a roommate, Jeff, who had a dog.

It was a really good looking Husky, with 2 different colored eyes. Friendly, manly and handsome.

See what just happened there? The dog has these great attributes, that are automatically conferred upon the owner.

We (Jeff, the dog and I) would be out walking somewhere, and good looking girls would spot the dog and come over to talk to it. And the dog, being a good dog, was friendly and appreciative of the attention, and this opened the door for the dog's owner to chat up this girl.

First question she asks? "What's the dog's name?"

Advice line, #2, name the dog after an indie rock band.

"Sebadoh."

The indie rock girls would immediately get weak in the knees.

It was quite a sight. Jeff would hardly have to say a word and the cool girls were already swooning.

Now this was the 90s, so maybe don't name your dog "Sebadoh." Go with "Bright Eyes" or "Calexico" or something.

But a dog with an indie rock name, will open doors, I swear.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment