Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nerf Herder "Van Halen"

Here's another Weekend Post:

After last weekend's Weekend Posts about Pop Power Alterna-rockers, I had this one pop into my head, and for a second, I wondered whatever became of this band.

Then I remembered that beyond having a couple of fun alternative hits, they actually have a secure spot in the Pop Culture Pantheon (with some nice music licensing paychecks that must come at regular intervals). This is the band that does the theme song to Buffy The Vampire Slayer, which is still in syndication and gets National airplay every day.


See the video on Youtube.


Hear The Buffy Theme on Youtube.

How the band Nerf Herder got its name!

See it on Youtube.

Weekend posts are a chance to revisit songs that have happy memories, not of anything in particular, other than just hearing the tunes.

Many of these songs were tracks that I played during my 90s stint as an Alternative/Modern Rock radio show. They're tunes that I hardly hear these days, but are wonderful to revisit.

Click on the "Weekend Posts" label below, to see other posts like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment