Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reverend Horton Heat "Please Don't Take The Baby To The Liquor Store"

I never actually saw the movie "Sweet Home Alabama," but from the promos, I learned the useful line, "You have a baby! In a Bar!"

It's great when pop culture provides a joke that you can use to defuse the awkwardness of doing something socially, well, awkward.

That's why I was happy to discover this Reverend Horton Heat track.

Because I was going to see the band last month, and hadn't caught up on their recent releases, I had missed this nugget.

And yes, when I'm on the way home from the grocery store, and my wife calls me and asks that I stop by the package store, too, I can look in the rearview mirror, into the back seat, and cheerily sing to my kid:

"Please don't take the baby to the liquor store, it's not the kind of bottle he's been crying for."


Hear it on Youtube.


See the Reverend do the song live on Youtube.


Here's the movie clip on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment