Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nelly "Heart of a Champion"

This week's guest blogger, Tanya Primo-Jones, is writing about songs that exemplify what she calls The Primo Spirit.

Today’s song is a “must have” on your iPod for a run, a gym workout, or any time you are about to face a fear. The beat of it alone will make you want to get up and move...get up and be a champion. Here are a few excerpts from the song “Heart of a Champion.” Nelly has got his Primo goin on!

I got that cain't stop, won't stop, in my veins
That's why they cain't stop, won't stop, screamin the name
NELLY! NELLY! Go tell a friend to tell a friend
I'ma keep the same grin whether I, lose or win
Up, or down ten, I'ma fight to the end
Let's go...

Chorus –

Ain't no way they can stop me now Nelly
Cause I'm on my way, I can feel my reign comin
It's the blood of a champion, pumpin
Deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin
I'ma give what I can and more, even if
My blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin
It's the heart of a champion

My work habit ain't no habit man, I do it on purpose
I push myself to the limit so my talent'll surface
So now it's, curtains and drapes, on anybody who hates
Dislikin what I'm recitin, bitin what I've been writin
I've been dogfightin, scratchin and clawin on every height
Tryin to make you remember me like you "Remember the Titans"
Cause I'm a WARR-IOR...


Nelly is a champion, that he is aware
Never doubts himself, whatever the affair-
He calls upon his Primo, and fights until the end
They try to steal his thunda, he don’t shatter, break or bend
Primo, Primo… He calls upon his friend
Nothins gonna stop him, he’ll fight until the end!

...haha, how was that? Maybe The Primo Lady will start writing rap songs????

TODAY: Live like you are a champion!


Find out more about Tanya Primo-Jones and the Primo Spirit at Find Your Primo and In Search Of Primo.

No comments:

Post a Comment