Thursday, April 14, 2011

Beastie Boys "Make Some Noise"

If a new R.E.M. track throws me back to when love was young, a new Beastie Boys track has the magical ability to make me feel like a teenager.

I remember the effect that first Beasties record had on me, clearly. And this new track taps into this very primal, very youthful, very joyous place in my psyche, in a way that no other current artist (who was making records in the 80s) is able to do.

The song isn't nostalgic in-and-of-itself. It's not a throw-back. It simply possesses something in its DNA, identical to the Beastie Boys songs of a generation ago.

I'm not sure anybody who wasn't 17 in 1986 would say this, but "Make Some Noise" feels timeless . . .


See the video on Youtube.

And check out this amazing preview of a 30 minute movie featuring Seth Rogen, Elijah Wood and Danny McBride as The Beastie Boys of the Past, and Jack Black, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as The Beastie Boys of the Future!!!
See the video on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment