Monday, March 7, 2011

The Replacements "Lovelines"

So I'm writing this post at the end of February, my vacation just hours away, and I don't have my blog covered during my time away.

What to do. Think, man, think.

And the word "improvise" comes to mind.

You don't have a solution? Improvise.

And that simple thought reminds me that I wanted to do a series of posts on songs with improvised lyrics.

So that's what I'll do! Here we go . . .


What a joy, after years of listening to this song, to discover this newspaper article, explaining the origin of "Lovelines."

From The Replacements sloppy masterpiece "Hootenanny," the song "Lovelines" is the band in a simple rock groove, with singer Paul Westerberg reading lines from the personals as his lyrics.

Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment