Friday, August 27, 2010

Rodrigo Y Gabriela "Tamacun"

When to love an aritst, you want so badly to share them with people you think will love them as much as you do. But it's hard, sometimes, to win people over.

I went to see Rodrigo Y Gabriela (with Ryan Montbleau as the opener) at the Opera House in Boston last night, and I brought my friend Dana.

He's a huge music fan, and a very open mind when it comes to discovering new things.

I think it's can be really hard for certain people, to go to a concert where they don't know the artists, or a single song, and really get something out of the experience.

But I felt good, two songs into the night.

After blazing through "Hanuman" and another track from the album "11:11" that had a dead-stop ending, there was a slight pause.

And before the music started up, before the audience started clapping, from the darkness beside me, I heard a little:

"Heh heh."

A small, spontaneous bit of laughter.

When the next song ended, Dana let out a "Whooooo!"

By the middle of the show, he was full out clapping and laughing and smiling and shouting.

"They're unbelievable."

He left the show a fan, ready to check out their records.

They were awesome, and I felt like I had successfully shared. Victory!





If you're on the Vineyard, Ryan Montbleau is playing at Nectars on Saturday, 8/28!

No comments:

Post a Comment