Friday, July 2, 2010

Neko Case “This Tornado Loves You”

I’ve always found it counter-intuitive, from a Darwinian perspective, that so many people are attracted to danger, to things that are clearly unsafe, to trouble.

I have managed with a fair amount of success, to steer clear of relationships with volatile, unstable people. The ones my mother warned me about.

But we certainly all have friends who have dated the wrong person. Or perhaps who constantly date the wrong person.

From the friends who become entangled by Drama Debbie girlfriends, to the very serious situations involving domestic violence, too many nice, sane people get caught up with someone who is just not stable.

And, even more terrifyingly so, too many of these nice folks find the danger attractive.

I have never been one of those people. Until now.

There is no logical reason for the below video to heighten my attraction to Neko Case. And yet, inexplicably, it does.

Case is quite forthcoming, in her art, about being a bit dangerous, like in the song, “This Tornado Love You.”

But the “I will Fuck You Up” posture of this in-concert scene has some strange magnetism.

The laws of attraction just don’t seem to play by the same rules as the laws of nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment