Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beastie Boys "Intergalactic"

From time to time, I'm inviting other voices to contribute to Every Day I Write The Blog, to speak on their area of expertise. So without further ado, here's the All Time Top 5 Songs Mentioning Coffee, written by Guest Blogger Alex Scofield of Coffee Hero . . .

I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

The best line of what is currently (in my judgment) the Beastie Boys’ last pantheon-caliber song. I’ll forgive them for loading up perfectly good coffee with tons of sugar – besides, I have a hunch that this line, like many other Beastie Boys lyrics, is not to be taken at face value.

I was one of many who had major expectations of the Beastie Boys. By the time “Check Your Head” came out in 1992, I though they were The Ones – the band that was going to age gracefully as the musical standard-bearers for Gen X-ers, always cutting-edge, relevant, and several steps ahead of the rest of us. Now, I just hope for MCA’s/Adam Yauch’s success in battling cancer.






Alex Scofield
is a freelance writer who lives in Bourne, Mass. He is a contributor to CoffeeHero.com

No comments:

Post a Comment